Thursday, February 20, 2014

Northern Liberties Review publication and Label Me Latina/o acceptance!

Northern Liberties Review published my poem "Demo Session at the Newport Guitar Festival" this month!   They are published from Philadelphia, my hometown, so I was particularly happy they accepted it.



This was followed by an acceptance from Label Me Latina/o, "an online, refereed international e-journal that focuses on Latino Literary Production in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. The journal invites scholarly essays focusing on these writers for its biannual publication. Label Me Latina/o also publishes creative literary pieces whose authors self-define as Latina or Latino regardless of thematic content."

They will publish my poem "Poem for My Father" in this year's Spring issue.  I am very excited to be published there, as I enjoy their unique mix of scholarly articles with creative works, and I admire all the poems they have featured.


No comments: